Tuesday, February 26, 2013

THEY'RE BAAAACCKKK!

Today's fashion has definitely taken a time capsule and travel back in time. I must I absolutely love it! The gold ropes, big framed glasses, "gumby" haircuts, high waist jeans, etc. have made a huge appearance in campus attire. Just like history, fashion repeats itself by making bold statements. It's so ironic that when my best friend and I were younger, we'd see our parents in photo albums wearing most of these items. We'd point our fingers and laugh at how ridiculous they looked. Like "OMG! What do they have on?!" They'd buy us outfits with abstract patterns and out of sight colors, and we'd cry because we felt like it was torture to be seen in public with such outfits on.  Now that time has passed, and we've experienced wearing these ensembles on our own, we have to hear our parents fuss about us not liking anything they used to purchase for us. However, Will Smith said it best, "Parents... they just don't understand!" :-)


1 comment:

  1. Love it! This is so true! I've noticed as well that the fashion history is repeating itself, & I can't get enought it. I love my button covered jean jacket myself...lol

    ReplyDelete